Quantcast

[VOTE] Release 0.17.2.1 rc 0

Owen O'Malley-2
The 0.17.2 release only had the native code compiled in 32 bit. While
that matches our current release process, which considers the 64 bit
optional, some users would like to have the 64 bit libraries also.
Since the 0.17.2 release had already been voted on, I rolled a new
release, which I called 0.17.2.1 and that has identical source code to
0.17.2. Should we release it?

http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.17.2.1-rc0/

-- Owen

RE: [VOTE] Release 0.17.2.1 rc 0

Jim Kellerman
+1

---
Jim Kellerman, Senior Engineer; Powerset (a Microsoft Company)

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.17.2.1 rc 0

stack-3
+1

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Owen O'Malley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The 0.17.2 release only had the native code compiled in 32 bit. While that
> matches our current release process, which considers the 64 bit optional,
> some users would like to have the 64 bit libraries also.  Since the 0.17.2
> release had already been voted on, I rolled a new release, which I called
> 0.17.2.1 and that has identical source code to 0.17.2. Should we release
> it?
>
> http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.17.2.1-rc0/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eomalley/hadoop-0.17.2.1-rc0/>
>
> -- Owen

RE: [VOTE] Release 0.17.2.1 rc 0

Jim Kellerman
What is the status of 0.17.2.1 ? The vote was called over a week ago.

---
Jim Kellerman, Senior Engineer; Powerset (a Microsoft Company)

Re: [VOTE] Release 0.17.2.1 rc 0

Owen O'Malley-2
With 3 +1's and no -1's the vote passes and we have a new release.

-- Owen